- The middle market represents 1% of all business establishments, but provides 26.5% of all jobs in the United States; and
- From 1995 through 2013, U.S. private equity-backed companies grew jobs by 83.7%, while all other U.S. companies grew jobs by 27%. Over 3/4 of this growth came from the middle market.
So what is the middle market? While everyone has there own definition, ACG defines the middle market as companies with annual sales between $10 million and $1 billion.
Here are a few Texas-specific private equity facts that I found on ACG's website:
- Between 2003 and 2014, Texas enjoyed 5,825 private capital investments worth an aggregate of $435.4 billion.
- There are 4,025 Texas companies backed by private capital.
- The 497 private firms based in Texas.
Post a Comment